Happy May!!! Honestly it didn’t really feel like May, it hasn’t really been that warm yet…
Friday MaryMegan came up to visit for the weekend. We hadn’t seen her since we moved so it was very nice. She watched the kids so Rus and I could go out (belatedly) for our 11th anniversary. We went to Red Butte Gardens, a botanical garden at the U of U. It was quite beautiful, and wonderfully refreshing to walk around unhurriedly and just enjoy our time together. After the gardens we had dinner at Olive Garden, hung out in PetCo, and then got “safe” ice cream at Whole Foods Market to bring home and share with Meggie Moo.
We love to watch all the bird life in our back yard, but apparently some of them have been making off with bits of our garden. So we got some chicken wire and cable ties and made a bit of a cage to protect our baby greens. Hopefully that will help.
Yesterday we jumped in the car to run to the petstore. Laurelin had brought a pen and paper with her and after a minute called out, “Look what I wrote!” She had written “gone to the pet str” for “going to the pet store”. She proceded to write/sound out a half dozen more words on the trip all on her own, it was so neat! It’s always exciting to see them light up when what they’ve been learning suddenly clicks into place.
While going through Isaac’s backpack I found a list of sentences he had written, apparently for vocab/spelling word practice. Never wanting to miss a chance to write something interesting he had written some less than usual sentences. Some of them were “I admire Western dragons style greatly”, “I have been in thirteen toilet floods” (slightly exaggerated…), “Sirius Black carries no guilt”, “At all costs do not drop a torch in a gigantic tank of gasoline and hydrogen mixed” and my personal favorite, “I am not rude to women.” That’s my boy.
Gwen is hilarious everytime. Here’s a typical scene when it’s time to pick up the kids from school:
Me: Gwennie, it’s time to go.
Gwen (excitedly): Can we walk???
Me: Sure, lets’ walk.
Gwen (about 20 steps down the street): I need a rest!
Me: Gwen, we have to keep going so we can get to school”
Gwen (trying to fall over): But I can’t take it anymore!
I went in to talk to Xander’s teacher a few weeks ago. She basically said he’s doing great. He gets all his work done quickly and correctly, she says she never has any problems with him and she really likes him! I can’t say how wonderful that was to hear.
Pictures: Red Butte Gardens: a crazy orchid, Rus with some playmates, Kelly and flowers, Rus and another friend, both of us
the kids and Kelly outside making the first fairy crowns of the season

Friday MaryMegan came up to visit for the weekend. We hadn’t seen her since we moved so it was very nice. She watched the kids so Rus and I could go out (belatedly) for our 11th anniversary. We went to Red Butte Gardens, a botanical garden at the U of U. It was quite beautiful, and wonderfully refreshing to walk around unhurriedly and just enjoy our time together. After the gardens we had dinner at Olive Garden, hung out in PetCo, and then got “safe” ice cream at Whole Foods Market to bring home and share with Meggie Moo.
We love to watch all the bird life in our back yard, but apparently some of them have been making off with bits of our garden. So we got some chicken wire and cable ties and made a bit of a cage to protect our baby greens. Hopefully that will help.
Yesterday we jumped in the car to run to the petstore. Laurelin had brought a pen and paper with her and after a minute called out, “Look what I wrote!” She had written “gone to the pet str” for “going to the pet store”. She proceded to write/sound out a half dozen more words on the trip all on her own, it was so neat! It’s always exciting to see them light up when what they’ve been learning suddenly clicks into place.
While going through Isaac’s backpack I found a list of sentences he had written, apparently for vocab/spelling word practice. Never wanting to miss a chance to write something interesting he had written some less than usual sentences. Some of them were “I admire Western dragons style greatly”, “I have been in thirteen toilet floods” (slightly exaggerated…), “Sirius Black carries no guilt”, “At all costs do not drop a torch in a gigantic tank of gasoline and hydrogen mixed” and my personal favorite, “I am not rude to women.” That’s my boy.
Gwen is hilarious everytime. Here’s a typical scene when it’s time to pick up the kids from school:
Me: Gwennie, it’s time to go.
Gwen (excitedly): Can we walk???
Me: Sure, lets’ walk.
Gwen (about 20 steps down the street): I need a rest!
Me: Gwen, we have to keep going so we can get to school”
Gwen (trying to fall over): But I can’t take it anymore!
I went in to talk to Xander’s teacher a few weeks ago. She basically said he’s doing great. He gets all his work done quickly and correctly, she says she never has any problems with him and she really likes him! I can’t say how wonderful that was to hear.
Pictures: Red Butte Gardens: a crazy orchid, Rus with some playmates, Kelly and flowers, Rus and another friend, both of us
the kids and Kelly outside making the first fairy crowns of the season

1 comment:
Yay! Fairy crowns!! ...can we still do they maypole thing soon?
Post a Comment