A few days ago, Gwen and I were taking a trip to the recycle bin outside.We were discussing things to put inside it. I asked Gwen if I should put myself in the bin. She replied with an immediate "No!" some distress evident in her voice. I asked her why not, and she responded, "Because I LIKE you!"
Yesterday we attended a Renaissance Faire, the first I have ever attended. We got a discount for attending in costume, although we probably would have dressed up all the same. We all enjoyed the event. Kelly saw a friend of hers do a bellydance number (though Kelly is the first to admit to the lack of relevance to the actual Renaissance, the point of a Ren Faire is to have fun.) There was a magic show in which Xander participated: he was a volunteer for a card trick. The magician demonstrated how Xander's subconscious cues revealed the card he was holding as the five of hearts.
One of the main attractions was the jousting--the next best thing to the fifteenth century!
I'll include a short of an impact here. In a subsequent pass, one of the knights was forcefully unhorsed...and the other one fell off a few paces later.
(Kelly here now) Everyone was very nice to me this morning for Mother’s Day. Rus made sure I didn’t have to get up early or make breakfast or anything. He also brought me a rose and made a montage of pictures with a Wolfstone song we both like as a card. (He’s become quite good at making “computer” cards.) Xander and Laurelin both made me fun crafts at school and Isaac picked out some of his pictures to give me. Laurelin made our bed for us and picked up without being asked (yeah!!) and Gwennie drew me a picture (I came into the room and was told “I’m drawing you a picture! Don’t peek!”) I realize more each day how lucky I am. Happy Mother’s Day!
Three of the kids with a knight (post-joust); Xander with Eric the Magician; Rus and the kids; Kelly and the kids; Rus' favorite shot of Kelly from the day.

1 comment:
Love your pictures! The kids get cuter ever day, don't they?
Post a Comment