Sunday, April 26, 2009

Exhaustion is cumulative

This has been busy and rather draining week. I drove down to Orem for a puppet show for a company party that started at about 10:30 pm. It was fun, of course--when isn't it?-- but needless to say, I got home late. There have been several other late nights this week and I am feeling half dead. I should warn you, I could fall asleep at any minute. When you start exercising at around 5 am five to six days a week, late nights are tough. Yesterday I participated in the Utah Puppetry Guild workshops...I (well, mostly Ollie) participated in teaching a class on puppetry technique, along with Jon and Caitlin. I also sat in on a class or two on puppet construction. The guest performer this year was "The Stringman," an amazing marionette specialist who has worked on various films and TV programs (Beetlejuice, The Land of the Lost, and many others.) This man can make marionettes do things you wouldn't believe without seeing them...WOW!
Kelly and the kids came to watch the performances in the afternoons...all the kids enjoyed it, and Xander particularly cackled with glee at the classic "Punch and Judy" show. In addition to Maxed Out Puppetry's contribution "Stupid Puppet Tricks," Jon performed some mime...featuring a magnetized face. If you haven't seen it, you should.
In other news, we zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

No comments: