Last week the kids had several days off of school, and since Rus doesn’t have to teach on Fridays we decided to take them all to Pumpkin Land. I had gone with Laurelin’s class on a field trip and we thought all the kids would enjoy it. It’s a local nursery/garden that has a Halloween themed corn maze and playground, bouncy castles, and of course, a pumkin patch. So they all had a great time.
This weekend we went to Moab. Maxed Out Puppetry had been hired to perform at Moab’s Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival so we all went. We went down on Friday and stopped by Arches National Park. We scrambled around in the rocks, and took lots of pictures and generally had a good time. It’s beautiful down there. There was a pool at the hotel that was advertised as heated, so of course the kids all wanted to go swimming even though it wasn’t swimming weather. Apparently though the hotel’s idea of heated means freezing, hee hee. The kids were undeterred however. Rus was brave enough to jump in, I stayed on the stairs. Gwen had a swim suit with floats built into it, so she could practically swim by herself, she loved it : “I’m like a fishy!!!” Rus took the older kids into the hot tub afterwards to warm up, and I gave Gwen a warm bath in the hotel room since she’s too young to go in the hot tub. The next day was the festival itself, which was good fun. The puppet show went well, Xander, Gwen, Bethel, Eve and Rus took part in the seed spitting contest, and we watched some the catapult type devices hurtle (or should I say chuck?) pumpkins hundreds of feet, it was pretty funny. On the way out of town we stopped at a fossil rock shop and each of the kids got to pick out something to take home. So, it was a pretty quick trip, but a great deal of fun, and I think we all needed a vacatio
n.
Pictures: the Maxlings at Arches, all of us, Rus and Kelly with the view behind us, and Balanced Rock with the sun behind it 

This weekend we went to Moab. Maxed Out Puppetry had been hired to perform at Moab’s Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival so we all went. We went down on Friday and stopped by Arches National Park. We scrambled around in the rocks, and took lots of pictures and generally had a good time. It’s beautiful down there. There was a pool at the hotel that was advertised as heated, so of course the kids all wanted to go swimming even though it wasn’t swimming weather. Apparently though the hotel’s idea of heated means freezing, hee hee. The kids were undeterred however. Rus was brave enough to jump in, I stayed on the stairs. Gwen had a swim suit with floats built into it, so she could practically swim by herself, she loved it : “I’m like a fishy!!!” Rus took the older kids into the hot tub afterwards to warm up, and I gave Gwen a warm bath in the hotel room since she’s too young to go in the hot tub. The next day was the festival itself, which was good fun. The puppet show went well, Xander, Gwen, Bethel, Eve and Rus took part in the seed spitting contest, and we watched some the catapult type devices hurtle (or should I say chuck?) pumpkins hundreds of feet, it was pretty funny. On the way out of town we stopped at a fossil rock shop and each of the kids got to pick out something to take home. So, it was a pretty quick trip, but a great deal of fun, and I think we all needed a vacatio
A trebuchet chuckin' a pumpkin
Wildlife: we saw pronghorn antelope, prairie dogs, ravens, mule deer, and a juvenile collared lizard.

No comments:
Post a Comment