Sunday, June 21, 2009

Why is the heater on in JUNE?!?!?!?

















Happy Midsummer! Why do we still need the heater on?!?!?
Our newest nephew, Caeden Micheal Cataldo, was born this week! He actually just narrowly missed being born on Kelly’s birthday, being born at 1:55 am June 19. He measured in at 7 lbs, 6 oz and 19 ½ inches long, and is officially very cute : ) Kerry and Mike let me be there for the labor and birth, which was very special.
While we were down in Orem/Provo for the birth, we, along with Rus’ parents, stuck a candle in some yummy coconut ice cream and sang happy birthday to me.
Poor Rus was so exhausted after the long night that two of his coworkers had to bring him home from work on Friday, afraid that he might pass out if he stayed. When the kids and I arrived home that day, we put a movie on for them and he and I took a nap on the floor. But it was totally worth it of course!

Last week we got to see Laura and Cody and Mariah and their new baby Liam for a short visit anyway. Cute babies seem to run in this family. We got to hug and cuddle Liam too, which was great, it's too bad we didn't know they were here the whole week before that, we would've come down to see them more!

After that we were able to have a quick visit with Sarah and Juma too. We met up at the zoo, along with Shelley, Melissa and company and some of Sarah's inlaws. Rus was even able to meet us there after work. After the zoo we went back to our house for a thoroughly unhealthy but quick and kid friendly meal of hotdogs and watermelon. We sat and visited while the kids played and wondered how grownups could be so boring. (I used to wonder that myself when I was a kid).
So all in all it's been a great month for nephews!
Picture roll call:
Xander playing puppet with his cousin Oscar at the zoo,
Cousins at the zoo
MaryMegan (aka Auntie Moo) and Caeden
Caeden
Kelly holding Caeden

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad that you all survived! What a cutie, such a little old man with his brand new scrunchy face. I'm sorry for you and Kerry that he waited until after your birthday, but I'm glad all are well.
Enjoy the nephews now that they're all out!