We have officially moved! There are still quite a few boxes to unpack and so on, but we're here. We've spend a goodly portion of the weekend trying to get settled. It's quite a serviceable little place here, all things considered. The maintenance crew has been working on things, and they're due back tomorrow. (We had a little impromptu fireworks show between the microwave and the stove that they're going to prevent from recurring.)
Gwen came up to Kelly the other day and said, "Mamma, this is crazy, but I gotta tell ya..." She really likes our African Clawed Frog, Hiro, and yesterday launched into a detailed explanation about his care: "Some people put gravel with their frogs...but they shouldn't, because the frog will think it's food, and he'll eat it. That's why Hiro doesn't have any gravel!" (She happens to be right.)
Laurelin was excited to go to church and to meet new friends. She literally ran one of them down in the hallway afer church to make sure she said her goodbyes properly.
Xander is going to restart public school on Wednesday with Laurelin and Isaac. He said he was ready, and he seems to be. He read the a rather heavy A.A. Milne collection (Winnie the Pooh and various poems and such) in less than two days. It was probably more than 300 pages long.
Isaac just finished the Fellowship of the Ring and has started The Two Towers.
I've been busy at the University of Utah. My office needs a mascot or two, though. It's rather sterile at the moment, so I'm trying to figure out which aquarium(s) would work out best there.
Kelly has been very busy unpacking, organizing, and taking inventory of what works and what doesn't, in addition to everything else.
We're all grateful for a 3-day weekend, high-speed Internet, and unlimited long distance coverage.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yay! i hope you are loving the job and the new place. thanks for the boxes
Yay! Glad everything's going well. Happy for you guys. -'Becca
Congrats on the new place, new job, new friends, and new beginning for Xander. I know moving can be a big pain--we've done it twice in the past 6 months.
I hope everything settles down for you soon.
Glad your maintenance crew is a good one- that's always a plus! Can't wait to see pictures once you've got it all organized (no small feat- I've lived here a year and I'm STILL not organized).
Post a Comment