Sunday, February 1, 2009

That will be the place...


Good News! The interview Rus had a week or so ago led to another interview...and then to a full-time job, with benefits. He'll be working at the U of U as a curriculum coordinator, which will include teaching. He's been up there every day this past week, so it didn't take long to get started.



We're trying to find a place to live nearer to the U, and in fact, may already have done so. Kelly has been researching potential places since we found out about the job. Standing out from the rest is a nice little place with a fenced-in yard and a great view of the mountains. We hope it works out. All of the kids are enthusiastic about the place, although Gwen seems a little confused about this moving business. The other day as she left the house, she said, "Bye-bye, Grandma, I love you...I'll miss you," apparently thinking that the moment of departure had arrived.




Isaac participated in the Pinewood Derby...although I think Xander, Laurelin, and Gwen were at least as interested as he was, as they watched every race with intense interest. Isaac's car, the
"Loch Ness Roadster," did quite well. He won one race, and placed 2nd in all but one of the others.
Watching the race; the "Loch Ness Roadster" and rival; Isaac's winning race; Triumphant(?) expression







4 comments:

Becca B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! It must be such a relief to have such a good full-time job with benefits, and so fun to get into your own place with a fenced in yard and view of the mountains! ('Hope that one works out.) It's been wonderful knowing you're so close (even if I haven't actually seen you except Kelly & Gwen & Jon's blessing.) But I'm delighted I'll still be able to keep in touch via your blog and facebook!

Love,
'Becca

Laura said...

Joy to the world! I hope you enjoy the new job Rus! And i hope you guys like your new place, wherever it is going to be!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new job! That's great! I hope the house works out for you too. It's so great to have your own place.

Loraine said...

Awesome! Good luck out there at the U... it's quite humongous... I'd get lost. I still get lost at UVU and I'm a senior.