Ok, time to play catch-up. I’m sorry it’s been so long since we posted what’s been going on. The blog was experiencing some “stupid computer” moments. (Actually it's still being stupide, so I'll post this and then if it lets me I'll put up some pics) Hopefully you’ve all been enjoying Snow White. A lot has happened so I’m just going to do some quick recapping.
We had Xander’s 7th birthday party at Neilson’s Grove Park. He wanted an ocean theme, so we had hotdogs carved like octopus and Rus frosting-painted a shark on the cake. We made popsicle stick boats and floated them in the fountain (and all got rather wet ourselves). Xander had a great time.
For Rus’s 34th birthday we had everyone over for a potluck and sword fighting party in the park behind his parents’ house. The kids all ganged up on any grownup who picked up a sword (practice swords made out of PVC pipes, fun noodles and duct tape), but the adults did manage to have a few rounds of grownup only sparring.
Kelly’s parents came out this month for a short visit (just under a week). It was short, but it was good anyways. We flew airplanes with Grandpa John, Mom went to dance class with Kelly, the kids all played lots of tickling and chasing games, and some of us even snuck in a few naps.
Isaac grew up more over the last two months. He’s been (generally) very helpful with the younger kids, and calmer himself. He pushes the cart for me at the store, and helps keep Gwen entertained. It’s been very appreciated.
The kids start school about the middle of August. Laurelin is very excited to start kindergarten, Isaac’s not all that excited, and we signed Xander up for a homeschool program called K12. We just felt like he needed a year off from the crowds-he gets so stressed being away from home. So hopefully I’ll be able to do that right…..
Here are a few funny kidisms:
Laurelin sang this song in the car one day:
I got another owie today
And my mother asks me, “What does it need?”
But I keep whining
And finally I calm down
And my mother asks me, “What does it need?”
And I say, “It needs a kiss”
And that’s my last owie.
Xander the other day said to me, “Mamma, sometimes I feel as low as the bottom of a tick’s shoe, and sometimes I feel as high as Mt. Everast.” I asked him what made him feel so low and so high and he replied, “Sadness, and excitement.” He always has been very aware of his feelings and always surprises me with how he describes them.Gwen talks now. She says everything. She speaks in full very deliberate sentences, about everything. It’s hilarious. In the last few days she’s said everything from “I just joking.” to“Pretend I has a wishing (fishing) pole.” and “Guess what Mamma!” to “I tell on you, Warwin (Laurelin), I tell Mamma!” Apparently she was just waiting till she could do it all at once. Hee hee hee.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment