Sunday, November 8, 2009

November Flu, Fish and Fun

Our family has recently been attacked by some sort of flu. The first to show symptoms was Isaac, and the doctor confirmed that it was indeed flu, although the type of flu was not specified. Gwen has had a similar case. Everyone else has had symptoms of some form or another, although none of the rest of us have been hit quite as hard. Hurray for Umcka and Sambucol and those who provide us with them!

Kelly recently received her first invitation to dance at a show that she was not involved in organizing. We thought that was pretty neat. Here is her performance:


Yesterday, Xander suddenly piped up with "I like church...because sacrament meeting is relaxing, Primary is comforting, and class is interesting." I'm not sure why that occurred to him just then, but I'm glad he feels that way.

A week ago I was a guest speaker on an podcast /online radio show about exotic pets called "What Were You Thinking?" I talked about Hiro, our frog. The show should be available within a week or two for those of you who might want to hear it. I should also have some news in February regarding a publication if all goes well.

I put a short montage together for the Aquarimax website on a "betta sorority tank" (a tank inhabited by mutliple female bettas) that turned out kind of fun. I'll put the link here in case you want to see.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy cow, Kelly, that is AWESOME!

I love how you used your hair like a veil, love the costume, love the movements!

(The word verification is "go life" hee hee

Julie said...

Awesome dance! Aspen was very impressed with your hair--maybe it's because mine is so short, she finds really long hair fascinating (and she's always armed with a brush or comb--part of why she's getting a doll with hair for Christmas)