Greetings! Our biggest and happiest news this week is that Gwen is now potty trained! Even more amazing is that she is the last one we have to potty train! We are officially out of the diaper stage of familyhood-woo hoo! It is actually pretty amazing to see the kids all getting older, not that they're old by any stretch of the imagination, but now that Gwen is done with diapers we're all done with the baby stage of life. Laurelin is starting school this August, and Xander will be 7 in a few weeks. Isaac will be a teenager in just over 4 years (aaahhh!!!). When Rus and I had our 10th anniversary in April we were talking about what life was like 10 years ago and what it will be like in another 10 years-Isaac will be nearly 19 and getting ready to go on his mission, Xander will be almost 17, Laurelin will be 15 and Gwennie will be 12. Ok, for the sake of all the grandparents reading this I'll stop now....
Let's see, other news...MaryMegan and I went to Thia's yearly June bellydance show. (She brings in workshop instructors every June and has a show.) It was fun to go with MaryMegan (Rus was going to go too but had to work until 9 that night so he couldn't) as we don't usually have much chance to hang out just the two of us.
Gwen had her first week of swimming lessons. I signed her and I up for a parent child class, and she loves it! As soon as we pull into the parking lot she points to the pool and says "Pool-IN!" She swims around and kicks her legs and does her arms and says "fishie! wee!" She loves to jump off the side of the pool and have me catch her; she's just a little waterbaby.
Isaac and Xander are going to a storytelling camp at the Orem library this week, and the week after this Isaac and Xander and Laurelin will have their swimming lessons. Then in July Laurelin and I are signed up to take a mother-daughter bellydance class, it should be fun. And my parents are coming out to visit in July as well. So there are our summer plans so far...
Have a happy week!

No comments:
Post a Comment