Kelly and I had a marvelous time in Southern Utah, as she accompanied me on my work trip. We stayed in a cozy little cabin near Panguitch Lake. It was a lovely way to commemorate our 10th anniversary. This was despite the weather. Panguitch was described by more than one local as "the place where Eskimos go to freeze to death." They weren't far off; I made the mistake of leaving some liquid chemical solutions in the car overnight, and those that could freeze did so. Luckily, we were able to thaw them in time for the following presentations. All of the schools were small, and so there was proportionately less preparation to do than the usual; Kelly's help also meant that we finished much more quickly than I would have been able to do alone. This gave us some more free time to just be together. On the last day, we took a scenic route home and were glad we did so. We started out in Panguitch's snowy weather, and dipped down into deep, more temperate canyons, which featured spectacular views, then back up into the snow, several times. We passed several deer, saw hawks diving for prey...some brilliant blue birds...even a small herd of pronghorn antelope along the side of the road. Picutures are worth more than words, though, I think:
Our cabin!
The view from our cabin
Kelly at the first school
A scenic turnout
"The principal's stomach"
Kelly's favorite valley shot;
a high point
Not a pronghorn antelope--a Triops
I think I made up a "Deep Thought," but I'm not sure if it's original or not. So, stop me if you've heard this one:
"They say it takes a village to raise a child. To raze a village, on the other hand, it takes a horde of heavily armed barbarians, or a decent-sized dragon."
Gwen made a knock knock joke the other night at dinner. It went like this:
Gwen: knock knock
Mamma: who's there?
Gwen: duckie
Mamma: duckie who?
Gwen: Raya! (that's what she calls her cousin Mariah)
She's starting to add more words to her vocabulary, we think she's probably hit a point where she'll start talking more pretty soon.
Isaac drew some pics yesterday, I love watching his artistic progression. Check out the teeth on this guy... 

1 comment:
Freezing or not, it looks very pretty. Matt and I are coming up on our first anniversary (July 7th of course- you were there!) and our third anniversary of finally getting together in the first place on May 15th.
So far, we're enjoying life! Good to see you two doing so well.
Post a Comment